Before connecting your inbox via SMTP, review the technical requirements with your IT team to ensure you can connect.
- When logged into your RunSensible account, click the settings icon in the main navigation menu on the upper right-hand side.
- In settings, under the “Emails” tab, click on “Email Account” and select “SMTP.”
- Next, enter the Email address and Password used to log into your email account. If you don’t have a username, enter the email address in the username box.
- Enter your server’s information in the Host box, Outgoing Mail (SMTP) and enter the port number. Standard port numbers for SMTP are 25, 465, 587, but your host port number may differ from a standard one.
- You can also select the checkbox beside Allow non-secure certificate if necessary.
- Click Connect inbox.
You’ll be redirected back to your settings, and your name and email address will appear in the table.
Please note: if your email inbox uses two-factor authentication, you’ll need to enter a third-party app password. Review documentation from your email provider (e.g., Yahoo Mail or iCloud) for instructions on how to generate a third-party app password.